WWP

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Oct 9 09:28:00 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>
>Apparently not: you think that Lou P cannot
>distince himself from support of Chinese repression, despite the very
great
>diversity that undoubtably exists in the CCP, as in any one party state,
but
>that you can use the fact of diversity in the DP to distance yourself from
>John Breaux, Bill Clinton, et al,

Actually, I made the point originally that there were many leftists who made just such lesser-evil choices of support for Chinese or Soviet Union policies without endorsing their repression, although they by necessity have to do it on a in toto basis, while I would argue that it is more reasonable to endorse some aspects of US policy where progressive forces have more control as distinct from those where conservative forces have more control.

But what distinguishes the WWP is that they don't distance themselves from the repression of the Chinese or North Korean state-- they lovingly praise their leaders, while making comradely suggestions, such as Lou's, of trusting the working class just a bit more. Lou's comments in no way condemned Chinese repression. I doubt that he would say that any violence by the Chinese was malicious or arbitrary, however regrettable it might be that it was necessary against counter-revolutionary forces.

How you could read the quote on North Korea by Sam Marcy and argue that the WWP in any way distances itself from the repression of such states is beyond me.

-- Nathan Newman