WWP

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Oct 9 14:49:15 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Perry" <sperry at usinternet.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 8:04 AM Subject: RE: WWP

> ah, michigan. the elite "public" school of the entire region.

Why the quotation marks? Because admissions aren't open? Because it charges for tuition? Although I certainly advocate free access to public universities along the lines of what Adolph Reed recently proposed in Dissent, I should point out that only those students whose parents make significantly more than the median income will have trouble getting enough need-based aid to make Michigan a bargain. The university itself wastes a considerable number of cents paying for the bulk of my tuition.

-- Luke