Lenin Re: lbo-talk-digest V1 #5003

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 9 17:11:34 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox>...2. Immense respect for the spontaneous activity of working people.

So Rosa had him wrong?! LDT too in, "Results and Prospects, " from 1904? Academic (!) AJ. Polan, too, in , "Lenin and Politics." ?

Carrol>Best commentary I know on WITBD is Hal Draper, "The Myth of Lenin's 'Concept of the Party': Or What They Did to _What Is To Be Done_," _Historical Materialism_ 4 (Summer 1999), pp. 187-213.

You must sub to HM. I have yet to see a copy at City Lights, Modern Times, Moe's, Cody's or any other lefty bookstore. Harumph. I'll ask Sebastian Budgeon, that Bordigist rascal about their disributor. The Draper essay is available online here, http://www.ex.ac.uk/Projects/meia/draper/1990/myth/myth.html

More recent book on Leninism, I tried to get Charles Brown to read by Leninologist, Neil Harding. http://www.swan.ac.uk/poli/harding.htm Michael Pugliese