Tee Vee

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Tue Oct 9 18:36:48 PDT 2001

i don't want to go off on medieval religious history if someone else is going to do it or if no one else is interested.

i'll just make a couple of quick points.... Jeffrey Fisher

Well, I am interested, so thanks Jeffrey for the notes and reading suggestions---which I just read after I posted the latest thing on Henry II and Becket from medieval history.

I have to admit, I probably can't handle all this religious history---it really is too much. I can't explain why exactly, but reading about religious law and medieval histories seem more relevant than following the current political arguments on Afghanistan.

We have devolved into some prior period, so it seems best to acquaint myself with the pressing events of the twelfth century where his majesty Bush II and the high worships Lord Ashcroft and Thomas of Ridge seem to preside. Woe be unto us shibboleths of the anti-christ.

Both A manual of Hadith and LeGoff's Medieval Civilization were cheap and hardbound, at about eight bucks at Amazon and fourteen bucks at Barnes and Noble, respectively, so I bought them both.

Gotta watch how the crusade is going in the crystal ball thingy, against the vile Moors. Thanks again.

Chuck Grimes