Horowitz Responds

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Oct 10 08:45:13 PDT 2001

[I couldn't help myself; I had to post a letter at Frontpage, which of course caught the eye of the clever David Horowitz.]

The fun never ends at Frontpage! Never have I seen such a collection of ideological lunatics and authoritarians than what is offered at this little site. And with the addition of the mad Ann Coulter, the laughs are sure to continue! Horowtiz's screed against Chomsky is scarcely worth commenting on. Horowitz jumps up and down, waves his arms and screams at the top of his lungs hoping for some -- any -- attention. He truly doesn't understand why Chomsky is looked up to by thousands of college kids, much less why Chomsky is a regular figure on foreign television (being blacked out in the Land of the Free) and why he must book speeches years in advance, so great are the requests worldwide (and the turnouts are almost always SRO). This seriously bugs Horowitz, who clearly pines for the same spotlight, but who, for some sinister reason, cannot compete. Thus the ongoing hissy fits about Chomsky.

Ah, well, David, there's always Geraldo. And by the way, do you still have that old Afghan "freedom fighter" t-shirt you wore in that Mother Jones profile from the 80s? I'd love to see you model it now.

Dennis Perrin Ann Arbor, MI 10/10/01

Horowitz responds: Of course I understand why Chomsky is looked up to by college kids. They are ignorant, hormonal, arrogant, and privileged, and possibly on drugs. What's your excuse?