Doug's non-rhetorical WITBD?, as Re: Is ...

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 10 11:10:39 PDT 2001

A large number of Americans, who are instinctively isolationists, would likely come to approve of the proposals to cut off all aid to Israel, discontinue the blockade of Iraq, and remove all troops from the rest of the world, if leftists worked patiently & persistently. The majority of Americans tend to support dropping bombs & lobbing missiles as long as doing so entails few American casualties, but that doesn't mean that they are liberal internationalists. They are conservative in the old-fashioned sense. Yoshie

So, in the short term, we should go to meetings of the John Birch Society? ;-) Facetious me...!

Intellectual Debates on American Foreign Policy ... Norman Thomas and Bertram Wolfe, Keep America Out of War: A Program (New York, Frederick A. Stokes Co.), 1939. ... http://www.209.58.150.225/depts/AFP/blintellec.htm (Keep America Out of War Committee was the Old Right isolationist/Old Left anti-imperialist/pacifist group.) "Old Right Page" ... Political Philosophy Of John T. Flynn." -- Flynn, who ... until recently, Flynn's writings have ... the debut of Justin Raimondo's splendidly iconoclastic ... www.homerule-for-dixie.com/oldright/oldright.html

Recently, on KPFA Flashpoints I heard Kevin Danaher of Global Exchange say he appears frequently on Christian Right radio talk shows. He tries to steer the audience away from the crap about the Globaloney Illuminati. But, then in a NYTimes story, a few days after the anti-war demo in S.F. on S29, he is quoted in the 2nd paragraph or so disputing that 90% of those Americans polled want a military onslaught. Given these radio appearences he should have a bead on some sector of mass opinion that most rootless, cosmopolitan lefties swilling lattes don't ever talk to. Ah yes, the peace loving masses... Michael Pugliese "I don't know anyone who voted for Nixon!" Pauline Kael, 1972. "I don't know anyone who is a Hawk..." Kevin Danaher, 2001