WWP

ravi gadfly at home.com
Wed Oct 10 11:37:10 PDT 2001

(doug: please ignore original send from non-sub'ed address. thanks!)

kelley wrote:

> At 09:08 AM 10/9/01 -0500, Steve Perry wrote:

>> well, in any case the added presence of comrade louie louie seems

>> assured of

>> taking lbo dialogue down yet another path to the academic parlor. as

>> if one was needed.

> the non-academics, then, need to pipe up and create their own

> conversations. this list is mainly NON-academic in its subscribership.

> if those who don't like the level of dialogue would post more often, it

> wouldn't be so intolerable now would it!?

but what of the rest of us (population of one?) with neither the ability to tell the differance between derrida and descartes, nor the intimate familiarity with the use of the word fuck, gained through months of slumming with the masses? are we relegated merely to representing the common sense view? ;-) this sucks!

--ravi

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- man is said to be a rational animal. i do not know why he has not been defined as an affective or feeling animal. more often i have seen a cat reason than laugh or weep. perhaps it weeps or laughs inwardly - but then perhaps, also inwardly, the crab resolves equations of the 2nd degree. -- alasdair macintyre.