[Fwd: Black America and the Struggle for Peace]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Oct 10 12:12:37 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox quoted:

>Black America and the Struggle for Peace
>By Frances M. Beal
>
>No matter how diligently some Black leaders wave their American flags
>these days, they stand in opposition to a consistent historical thread
>that has...

Quick, someone tell Colin Powell & Condoleezza Rice. Oh, I forgot, their positions are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. As are the opinion polls that show no significant differences between blacks and whites in opinions on the war or on racial profiling of Arabs.

You may find my questions empty, Carrol, but this is just not relevant to the present situation at all. When will people start thinking and stop invoking received pieties?

Doug