Horowitz/ [nwanarchy]: the muppet / bin laden connection/NyTimes

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Oct 10 14:45:20 PDT 2001

Horowitz in his younger days was sort of a Trot (his parents were BTW members of the CPUSA. In the UK he associated with Isaac Deutscher, the author of a famous three volume biography of Trotsky. His book * Marx and Modern Economics* is I believe still on the Monthly Review Press backlist. And it is still a useful guide for understanding the relations between Marxism and modern econmic theory. Otherwise, I would say that back when Horowitz was a leftist, he was quite an asshole. And he remains one today as a rightist.

Jim F.