[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: [R-G] Fw: [L-I] Re: WWIII: 'Between Oct. 8 andmid-November']]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 12 05:20:43 PDT 2001

kelley wrote:

> i think people are concerned about practical proposals because they have to
> deal with folks day in and day out who aren't leftists. you've assumed ppl
> are interested in influencing government policy. i think that's wrong.

Kelley, even if I'm completely wrong in my position, this proposition is plain stupid. This is a leftists talk list, where leftists talk to leftists. It is not an arena for agitation and "practical politics." What we need here is the truth -- naked as it were. Only after that has been determined can one begin intelligently to think out ways of embodying that truth in practice in particular areas.

No war! That is the fundamental principle in discussion within actual groups. But it is far from an adequate nature on this list. All I can figure out is that very few people on this list are actually engaged in organizing; hence they pacify themselves by the fantasy that lbo-talk is a realm for organizing and action.

One does not deal with folks day by day on a leftist talk list.

Apparently the only kind of organizing you've ever seriously engaged in involves local battles over short-range objectives. Fine. They are important. They keep radicals and other activists amused when there is nothing more important to do.

Carrol