economics Nobel

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 07:20:05 PDT 2001

Peter K. wrote:

>I thought this was good news. Doug, didn't you interview Stiglitz
>recently and run it in LBO?

I see him from time to time because he's the, oh, what's the right word, companion? partner? boyfriend? squeeze?, of my friend Anya Schiffrin. I only interviewed him formally once, on the radio, but the interview was severely truncated because he'd taken a cab from Columbia down to Wall Street at 5 PM, and was surprised that it took over an hour (the subway would have taken less than half an hour). He's the classic absent-minded professor.

Doug