"Clerical fascism" was Re: Steve Perry weighs in

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri Oct 12 12:32:20 PDT 2001

Before we start comparing populations in the developing world to European ones, we need to be clearer on all this.

Christopher Rhoades Dukema

Absolutely agree.

Although it was probably not obvious, it was because I am not particularly thrilled with the term clerical fascism, and don't think much can be had from an analysis of either the US or Europe, that I started back at the beginning--so to speak--reading the OT and parts of the Qur'an, and some part of the Talmud. These are primary text for the Middle East---these works still live in the mind people there. I can't psychoanalyze them, and don't know any of the relevant sociology or politics, but these texts are there to read and figure out, so I decided to begin there. It's better than guessing.

There is something distinctly different going on in the various religious based resusciations of their antique socio-political orders, that the term fascism doesn't address. Don't ask me what, I don't know. Maybe after reading some more it will become more tangible to me.

Chuck Grimes