talking within & without

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 13 12:22:11 PDT 2001

Thanks for reminding me kell. Of how my early encounters with Mark, Louis and Carrol on LBO made me see that anti-captalism isn't nearly as important as anti-totalitarianism. As long as everybody gets their cut off the top, let expectation for the common good put a ceiling on the inevitable corruption of whatever economic system. It's an evolutionary step anyway.

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 05:57:03 -0400 From: kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> Subject: Re: talking within & without

i take it that part of your agitation work is to write list owners at other lefty lists to encourage them to kick fellow leftists off or to have all conspire to filter his or her posts. if you think your behavior has been a shining beacon of light for folks here who are merely progressive and may be interested in left ideas or even Leninist ideas, I'd have to agree with Doug, most people's response to your tactics would be "Fuck You".

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:48:55 -0700 <CHOMSKY at MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> From: harry kershner <hkershner35 at LYCOS.COM> Subject: Re: Leftist Pluralism <...> For those whose tolerance does not extend to this extreme, I recommend the following from new member Carrol Cox:

"A post by you just got forwarded to the lbo-talk list by the person you accurately describe as "This repulsive dimwit Pugliese." My filter sends his posts directly to a special file, which I usually send en masse to trash without looking at any of the posts. This one I happened to glance at before deleting. The only way to handle Pugliese is either to expel him from the list or for list members to more or less agree to filter his posts to trash and ignore him."