"clerical facism"

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 13 17:54:29 PDT 2001

Chip said- [and can we pause and savor this wonderful piece of writing as writing?]

Luscious. Web site looks interesting too. I love this one. I think he's saying that Allah said the area where Wahhabism, er, whatever, developed, ie Saudi, would cause a lot of major trouble, through their heartless self-righteous zealotry. (Shades of William Bennett) Way back when they were just a tribe. And they try to point the finger at Iraq as the focus of scriptural scoldings clearly aimed at the Arabs of central Arabia. And lo and behold, these very same folks are scattered around the world with weapons. Heavy. A CIA asset with a built-in marketing hook. The author's comment on the nude disciples of Christ made me wonder if the sexual repression of traditional Islam didn't also fuel the step into the fundemental abyss. Then I thought of the billboards for nude revues on the inter-state and I wondered where the balance was. I would like to read more of Mr. Fenari too. Thanks. Paula http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/masud/ISLAM/misc/najd.htm