Right Advice

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Mon Oct 15 12:20:31 PDT 2001

> The fact that some of our neighbors are flying the flag because they
> want to doesn't mean that there are many people of Middle Eastern origin
> who are flying the flag to avoid retribution. You don't find this
> disturbing?

Yes, and already said so.

> Anarchists have always opposed nationalism, patriotism, and government.
> Is this news to you? Again, this is a no brainer for anarchists. Are you
> saying that you are a pro-government anarchist? What, are you going to
> make a black flag with a little American flag in the corner?

One's political philosophy and the means to implement it are two radically different things. Despite the horrors of the moment, there are openings that didn't exist during the Gulf War, and this, I feel, is because those progressives who understand the difference between theory and reality have helped to nudge the mainstream a bit on Middle East issues. The widespread support for Palestinian independence is but one example of this. The pressure didn't come from the right.

And please stop with this "no brainer" high school nonsense. How old are you -- 16? 17? I hope so, because if you're an adult spewing this dogmatic garbage then there's really nothing to discuss. What, did you just discover Rage Against The Machine and are feeling rilly rad, dude?

DP