Flags

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 15 18:53:27 PDT 2001

>If you're a Vietnamese peasant whose villiage was destroyed by B-52
>bombers, the flag probably elicits revulsion, and doubtless means something
>different to you than the Bill of Rights. If you are a Wall Street fat
>cat, it probably evokes a sense of pride and patriotism for a country that
>has treated you well.
>
>Brett

"And as for a flag for the Philippine Province, it is easily managed. We can have a special one -- our States do it: we can have just our usual flag, with the white stripes painted black and the stars replaced by the skull and cross-bones" (Mark Twain, "To the Person Sitting in Darkness," at <http://www.boondocksnet.com/twain/persit_c.html>). -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>