civilian casualties

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 21:02:43 PDT 2001

>Are you against the killing of civilians in principle? Are their deaths
>any
>less gruesome if they're left in a single piece?

Uh, yeah, I guess I am a softy who believes in international law, which prohibits the killing of civilians. I don'tthink we should be "at war" at all. It's an odd sort of war, basically the deployment of overwhelming force against people who can't fight back except by terrorist attacks--not, at least, untill we get our choppers within range of the leftover Stringer missiles we gave them a decade ago. And, yeah, I think it more gruesome to blow people to bits than to kill them in other ways, and so do you. It's also worse to burn them and bury them alive, or to kill in ways that are are painful, disfiguring, lingering, etc. Does this need to be explained? jks