[fwd] H-US-Japan: Free back copies of Asian Security

jean-christophe helary helary at niji.or.jp
Tue Oct 16 05:21:09 PDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from Yone Sugita <Madison at uwalumni.com> -----

H-US-Japan 16 October 2001 From: "Robert D. Eldridge" <eldridge at osipp.osaka-u.ac.jp> Subject: Free back copies of Asian Security ----

Colleagues,

For those interested, the Research Institute for Peace and Security, based in Tokyo, at which I was a Fellow from 2000-2001, is making available free of charge back copies of its highly respected yearly analysis (in book form) of political and security issues in Asia, known as Asian Security.

The editions available are: 1989-1990 1993-1994 1994-1995 1995-1996 1996-1997 1997-1998

Please note that copies are limited, and it will be on a first-come, first serve basis.

While the books are free of charge, we will ask that the price of postage be covered by those requesting copies.

Please indicate the years you desire (you are welcome to request a copy for every year). Please note that the year indicated in the title, 1996-1997 for example, covers the period from middle of 1995 to the middle of 1996, and thus if you are looking for a description and analysis of the March 1996 Taiwan Straits crisis, you should request the 1996-1997 edition and NOT the 1995-1996 one.

After receiving your request, we will let you know what the postage will be and ask you to send it (yen, by postal envelope, or dollars, check from a U.S. bank in the latter case, with "book postage" in the memo space at the bottom of the check) to the name and address below. In the meantime, we will go ahead and send them out to you.

Thanks for your interest. This message may be cross-posted and sent to colleagues and students.

Sincerely,

Robert D. Eldridge, Ph.D. Associate Professor Osaka School of International Public Policy Osaka University 1-31 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka City, Osaka 560-0043 Japan

Office tel/fax: (06) 6850-5637 Office e-mail: eldridge at osipp.osaka-u.ac.jp

----- End forwarded message -----