P. Hitch's Take

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Tue Oct 16 10:18:42 PDT 2001

> [Peter Hitchens says that this is a leftist/PC war, and that his =
> brother, far from abandoning his lefty sympathies, is tightly embracing =
> them by calling for the smashing of the Taliban. DP]

It's good to keep in mind that this crisis offers the left an opportunity in showing the parallels between Islamic fundamentalism and some, but not all, manifestations of Judaeo-christianity in the United States. We should be looking for publications, public statements, etc., of the Taliban and ObL which resemble those of their fellow fundamentalists here.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema