Jude & Pat on Vietnam

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Oct 16 12:27:44 PDT 2001

I asked Jude Wanniski if Pat Buchanan had changed his mind on Vietnam, and while I was at it, what Jude's own posish was. Here's his answer:

Jude on Pat:

>He was a Nixon guy who never really bought into the China
>initiative. He's written several books, so you might check them out.
>I'd guess he was opposed to the Democratic War, but then took the
>position that we should use max force to win.

Jude on Jude:

>Once JFK assassinated Diem, we had no choice but clean up the mess.
>If you read my book, you would see that I traced the collapse of
>South Vietnam to the Keynesian economists who shoved their tax
>increases and currency devaluations down Diem's throat in 1961.
>Demand-side economics is still at the heart of the world's problems,
>including global terrorism. Go to my website and Google for:
>Diem+Kennedy+Vietnam and you will get a bunch of material on the
>topic.

For those of you who find the last offer irresistible, it's <http://www.polyconomics.com>.

Everybody wants you to read his or her damn book.

Doug