FYI on Formatting [Fwd: marxmail mail format tips]

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Tue Oct 16 13:14:29 PDT 2001

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:15:09 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> For those who post in html because they know no better or because they
> do not know how to achieve plain text in their particular e-mail
> program, the following sites are of great use. I usually myself
> immediately delete without reading all posts in html.

If I may contribute something constructive for a change, 2 quick points that will most likely improve everyone's reading pleasure:

1. Reply in-line; that is don't just reply at the top of the message and leave the original text dngling below it.

2. Always put the name of the person you are replying to (and preferably the date as well) above anything else in the message. Like so: On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:15:09 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

These two simple tips can make a huge positive difference to the ability of everyone to follow the discussions.

HTH

Cheers

Zak