Stupid sports

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 16 15:49:10 PDT 2001

I'm not sure at all who you are responding to here Joanna, but I think they are mistaken about Chomsky saying sports are stupid. I've heard from a number fo sources and recall Chomsky writing positively about working people's excitement about sports and detailed knowledge as evidence that working people possess the capacity to develop sophisticated knowledge of issues with the proper motivation

steve