Clerical Fascism & Totalitarianism

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Tue Oct 16 19:03:32 PDT 2001

Hi,

Why are you being such a jerk? Stop with the rag on clerical fascism. I did not invent the term.

As for this post, once again the answer is clearly in the text. VS Naipaul is a bigot toward Islam. He is not "getting at 'clerical fascism' here. " It is just bigotry.

> Ahmed Versi, editor of the Muslim News, said Naipaul's outburst showed just
> how deep his ignorance of Islam was.
>
> "What he says may shock many people here, but it comes as no surprise to
> those of us who have read his books. He is basically a Hindu nationalist,
> who has a deep dislike of Muslims, and that is where he is coming from."

Please stop this nasty and pointless waste of bandwidth.

-Chip Berlet

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Jannuzi" <jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; <lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 9:45 PM Subject: Re: Clerical Fascism & Totalitarianism