Anti-War Movements

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 16 20:48:50 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> >They aren't fighting terrorism, though. The "war on terrorism" is
> >just a rhetoric, like the "war on drugs."
>
> Well who attacked the WTC then?

I don't have the slightest idea (except for the names of those whose presence on the planes has been confirmed in one way or another). Who do you think attacked it? I don't really know what, concretely, it would even mean to conduct a "war on terrorism."

Just what it is a war on is hard to say; my idea during the Gulf War that was that (more even than oil) it was a cultural war on the people of the United States. This war may be that too.

Carrol