Colombia a target?

David Jennings djenning at arches.uga.edu
Wed Oct 17 07:46:58 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Chris Kromm wrote:

> If this is true, pretty amazing. Can anyone verify? Is Narco News reliable?
> CK

It is, as is the original source: AFP. Here's something from an AP report:

The State Department has said it is developing a counterterrorist strategy for Colombia and other Andean nations. Taylor declined to provide details, but he said the regional strategy - like the global one - will be based on law enforcement cooperation, intelligence exchanges, blocks on terrorist financing and ``where appropriate - as we are doing in Afghanistan - the use of military power.''

[ ... http://www.prairienet.org/clm/clmnews_files/011016AP03.html ]

Reminds one of David Lloyd George's comment about reserving the right to bomb ....

For information on Colombia, I'd suggest the excellent new Colombian Labor Monitor site:

http://www.prairienet.org/clm/

-david