Building the movement, and Carrol's "Impotence Thesis"

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Oct 17 08:11:26 PDT 2001

At 07:17 AM 10/17/01 -0500, Lou Paulsen wrote:

> [...]

what carrol doesn't get is that it's quite possible to protest as much as possible and try as best we can to reach a wider audience AND think long term.

whining that went on here about using the flag and other symbols that show that protesting is NOT anti-american is no different than whining about SUVs.

and no one, of course, got bent out of shape at the suggestion that we should call on former members of the military to protest. wrapping yourself in the bitterness and anger of veterans who are nearly unassailable isn't different than using the flag.

kelley