LF

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Oct 17 16:05:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 at 6:42pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> Bad news - just heard that Lingua Franca is folding, "having lost the
> support of its major investor,"

Figures, I just renewed my sub. Periodicals always wait for me to send in my check before folding. When they first went to the cheesey cover paper, I was irked, when they started making the pages glossy I was pissed enough to write a note. (I figured it had to do with cost savings, though.)

I know it's the "content that matters", but the old look and feel was a real pleasure to handle and read. It was physically as well as mentally enjoyable to read.

IS UB closing too?

-- no Onan

Undefeated, everybody goes home