Anti-War Movements

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:57:10 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>"Tightly focused"? Weasel words, Doug. Just how much collateral
>>damage are you willing to put up with?
>
>You first - what the hell do you think should be done?
>
>Doug

Funny you should ask. I think we should *expand* the war on terrorism and rebrand it as the War on Really Nasty People in General, which would of course include war criminals. This way, we could offer to present, say, Ariel Sharon and Henry Kissinger before the bar of international justice, if bin Laden's hosts would be willing to do the same with him. This would immunize the US in the world's eyes against charges of hypocrisy and contribute to our moral stature everywhere. I see this as providing strong incentive for turning OBL over without any more to-do, and Sharon and Kissinger, of course, would have nothing to fear from international justice, since their records are so eminently defensible (emoticon of your choice here). At worst, Sharon and Kissinger would get executed as well as OBL, but in dire times like these there are certain sacrifices we must be prepared to make.

Thinking outside the box, what?

Carl