Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:31:37 PDT 2001

>And, yes, a long-term "solution" requires the U.S. transform its
>Middle East policies dramatically - which is a polite way of
>describing a substantial retreat from its empire. Absolutely right
>and just, but that's serious stuff, and I don't think a lot of
>lefties urging that have thought through just how profound and
>difficult a struggle that will be.
>
>Doug

All the more reason then to focus on the long term and not worry about which will-o'-the-wisp military/police actions to support in the short run -- which, if they fail, will reveal us as the "pitiful, helpless giant" of Nixon's nightmares or, if they succeed, will produce martyrs and rally many others to OBL's cause.

Carl