Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Thu Oct 18 10:00:35 PDT 2001

Kel:

> i think doug said something about al qaeda. is al q1aeda in SA? i don't
> know, i'm asking. also, if we had reason to believe that ObL inc was
hiding
> out in SA, do you think that SA would have turned them over?

Most likely. After all, the Saudi elite (most of it anyway) have no use for ObL, especially after 9/11. But that is but one actor. What of the other ObL wannabes who receive daily instruction in the Wahabbi version of Islam? Their schooling is largely financed by the Saudis which, given all the rhetoric, would constitute an endorsment of terrorism, or at least the potential for same. Yet the bombs drop on Kabul (but not on the Taliban frontlines) and the crosshairs are being turned toward Iraq. If Saddam were so openly feeding the Taliban and its followers, how long would he last, especially under present conditions?

DP