Desire for Justice in the Unjust World re: Doug: "Whuppass those mofos!"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:52:07 PDT 2001

>Yoshie wrote:
>
>> Desire for justice in the unjust world can be a dangerous thing. A
>> frustrated desire for justice in the unjust world, I believe, in part
>> informs the minds of those who resort to suicide bombings, motivating
>> them to mete out their own justice.
>.
>So does that mean you oppose the Palestinian intifada, which has seen a lot
>of suicide bombings? Or do you support the Intifada despite your disgust
>with the suicide attacks? If our position should be strictly "No War," why
>shouldn't that also be our position on the war the Palestinians are
>fighting?
>
>Seth

Our position, I believe, should be to cut U.S. aid to Israel, so that frustrated Palestinians won't have to resort to suicide bombings of discos & pizzerias (attacks on military targets are another matter). In other words, we should work hard to create a political world in which better political tactics than suicide bombings become effective for Palestinians, i.e., the world that will foster the growth of the secular & democratic Left (as opposed to fundamentalist "political Islam") among Palestinians.

-- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>