anti-war movements

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 18 14:06:30 PDT 2001

A friend of mine - who is no fan of the bombing - had a long chat with an Afghan living in NYC the other day. His wife and kids are still in Kabul, along with the rest of his family. She asked him what he thought of the bombing. He said he supported it. She asked him about civilian casualties. He said that people are dying every day in Afghanistan, and if the U.S. campaign brought down the Taliban, the civilian deaths would be worth it. That makes me very queasy, but that's what he said.

Doug

I'd love to hear what he thinks of the US hand in creating the source of the Taliban and how US policy has supported right-wing religious fundementalism directly and indirectly in so many ways. For the sake of the Afghans, I hope they get a better guvmint out of this. And a huge economic boost from the pipeline. They've certainly earned that.