Desire for Justice in the Unjust World re: Doug: "Whuppass th ose mofos!"

Seth Ackerman sackerman at FAIR.org
Thu Oct 18 14:27:17 PDT 2001

Yoshie wrote:

> Our position, I believe, should be to cut U.S. aid to Israel, so that
> frustrated Palestinians won't have to resort to suicide bombings of
> discos & pizzerias (attacks on military targets are another matter).
> In other words, we should work hard to create a political world in
> which better political tactics than suicide bombings become effective
> for Palestinians, i.e., the world that will foster the growth of the
> secular & democratic Left (as opposed to fundamentalist "political
> Islam") among Palestinians.
. Agreed. But what about the Palestinians themselves? Should they take a simple "No War" position on the struggle against occupation because the struggle has involved some horrific attacks on civilians? If not, why should Americans take a "No War" position against a war to eliminate terrorists who killed 6,000 people?

Seth