Desire for Justice in the Unjust World re: Doug: "Whuppass th ose mofos!"

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:12:10 PDT 2001

>From: brettk at unicacorp.com
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: RE: Desire for Justice in the Unjust World re: Doug: "Whuppass
>th ose mofos!"
>Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:57:09 -0400
>

>Hi Seth,
>
>The analogy you present here isn't valid, in my opinion. The Palestinians
>are the victims of oppression, not terrorism. Their rights are being
>trampled by an oppressor with overwhelming military superiority. Should
>the Palestinians resist at all? Yes, certainly they should. Should they
>resist violently?
>
>This is a tough question. I've usually supported the non-violent
>resistance approach, but recently I've begun to question that position.

Well, rocks aren't really that much of a violent resistance, really. The palestinians are getting over on numbers and will, which civil disobedience is based on.

Eqbal Ahmed talks about how many times he and E Said tried to get PLO to see the usefulness of civil disobedience, and how criminally incompetent Arafat was, strategy-wise.