Desire for Justice in the Unjust World re: Doug: "Whuppass th ose mofos!"

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 00:54:08 PDT 2001

>... what about the Palestinians themselves? Should they take a
>simple "No War" position on the struggle against occupation because the
>struggle has involved some horrific attacks on civilians? If not, why
>should
>Americans take a "No War" position against a war to eliminate terrorists
>who
>killed 6,000 people?
>
>Seth

What the Palestinians should do is up to the Palestinians. As a citizen of the nominally democratic US, I can be responsible (nominally) only for what the US does. I can't see how blowing up Afghanistan as we are now doing -- which seems no more than a cathartic activity and one that will likely further undermine US security -- achieves any practical benefit at all.

My general rule is, for every complex problem there is a military solution, and it is wrong.

Carl