Note to the "ladder of force left"

Lou Paulsen wwchi at enteract.com
Thu Oct 18 23:00:13 PDT 2001

-----Original Message----- From: Stephen E Philion <philion at hawaii.edu>

>Lou,
>Where on the ladder do you put Dave MacReynolds?
>Steve

The only statement of McReynolds that I have in front of me is the initial WRL statement which was posted on ZNet and reproduced elsewhere. It criticizes US militarism and opposes a military response. There's nothing in that statement that gets him onto the ladder in my view. McReynolds and I have had disagreements before, but they have not, as I recall, been over the question of whether to trust in the departments of state, defense, and justice.

lp