Operation Enduring Protest

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 19 08:04:12 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
> >A good number of leftist intellectuals, however, want a non-existent
> >instant solution to terrors.
>
> Who? I don't know anyone who thinks that, though maybe you do.

Who? You. Featherstone. Max. Everyone who is on Lou's "ladder of force." Everyone who speaks of "solutions" and "positive suggestions." Such positions are not in good faith unless they are based on the assumption that there is a "solution" that can bring about an early end to the bombing. If arguing for such solutions won't bring about an early (virtually instant) cessation of bombing, they are in bad faith because they are a disguised (dishonest) version of what Yoshie and I claim should be done: nothing.

Carrol