Churchill

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 19 10:35:57 PDT 2001

I really don't know what statement I made that you're referring to as 'sexist'. What you state below, namely that generally speaking those who are single and raising children face greater burdens than those who are single and not in that situation. The argument, however, that from internet commuications I can assess who in life is faced with greater burdens/life stresses is, for obvious enough reasons, a faulty one. The argument that single people don't face stresses that sometimes can be as heavy or heavier than those who are single and raising children is also faulty, though, obviously, as you point out, the sociological trend militates, for obvious structural reasons, in the direction of the latter. What this has to do with Churchill I don't see at all, nor how my criticisms of Churchill's plainly flawed and hypocritical positions area at all merely at the 'individual' level. Indeed, my origianl coments made to Dennis were clearly not related to the arguments I was making about Churchill, which I can at least credit him for recognizing and not confusing. How you reach the conclusion that my remarks to Dennis were at all related to the question of Churchill's flawed analysis of WTC is not at all clear to me.

Steve