Pollitt column

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Oct 19 12:59:52 PDT 2001

Jacob Segal:

> Sullivan also mocked Pollitt for stammering at one point, a method he
> defended (in response to a email from me) on the principle that her
stammer
> indicated a lack of argument. The "debate" can be found at:

http://realserver.bu.edu:8080/ramgen/w/b/wbur/oneunionstation/2001/10/spc_10 16b.rm

Phew, could only take about ten minutes of this. Katha is a very poor debater, and allowed Sullivan to bully her into a corner. I'm listening and saying to my screen, "Make this point, Katha! Come one, he's tossing you softballs!" Sullivan's position is not that hard to attack, and one must on occasion say, "Will you shut the fuck up and let me speak!" when dealing with the likes of him.

DP