substance

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 19 17:00:42 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carrol Cox wrote:
>

> But we trust you to be our ideological auditor, making sure that

Forget me -- that's just another dodge to escape the necessity of thought.

_If_ terrorism cannot be fought, what should we do? You insist on pretending that leftists cannot somehow bully the U.S. state into fighting terrorism successfully. And when you incorporate that into anti-war work you are lying to the people. And you know it. You are using personal attacks on me and Yoshie and others as a diversion from facing the _really_ hard questions. How do we bring a substantial number of Americans to see the futility of the war against terrorism?

Carrol