Sexual Harassment

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sun Oct 21 18:10:56 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Stephen E Philion wrote:
> >
> > Lou wrote:
> > If a male Leninist never gets tagged as a Dworkinite, he hasn't said or
> > done enough on the sexual harassment issue.
> >
> > --Dworkin's alligning with gentrifiers in US cities and cluster bombers
> > in Yugoslavia says enough about her type of feminism.
> >

> Steve, just as mild reformists can ion occasion be labelled "stalinists"
> so any "leninist" (or I would say, any leftist) who takes the "woman
> question" seriously is sooner or later going to be labelled a
> "Dworkinite."
>
> Carrol

I'm not sure, I take feminism seriously, but not Dowrkin's feminism. Katha Pollit, Joanna Brenner, Margaret Randall, Lise Vogel, I think are pretty serious feminists and not Dworkinites. However, I don't deny that the charge can be thrown out with little reference, much like the appelation of "stalinist" for the sake of silencing debate.

Steve