After they win...

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sun Oct 21 20:40:07 PDT 2001

Carl Remick wrote:

> I agree completely and would underscore that the chickens-home-to-roost
> message *must* be communicated effectively to the US public to revive
> leftist influence in American politics. But finesse is key to this. While
> I, also, don't think the radical left has been smug in saying America got
> what it deserved, I don't think that's the universal perception, and if
> suspicion spreads that the left is smug, that will kill any chance of a
> leftist revival in US politics.

I don't think we have to worry to much about that perception spreading. The folks who are trying to spread it are pandering to an audience that isn't middle America. They are pandering to the educated elites and those of us who keep tabs on them.

I talked to a local activist this afternoon who has spent some time lately going door-to-door in Southeast D.C. to talk to people about the war. She reports that there is widespread opposition to the war and more than a few people who who think that the "chickens finally came home to roost."

Chuck0