Enemies-R-Us

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 22 01:20:46 PDT 2001

Isn't this why is was important that the Global Justice movement become known as the anti-globalization, anti-capitalist mob? They're gonna make sure Afghanistan gets a guv that can facilitate the pipe-line (and keep the poppies blooming probably), but they're also trying to make sure that the next time a bunch of shareholders start telling Unical about social responsibility and repressive regimes, they can put the commie terrorists in their place.

Sunday evening, October 21, 2001 [Excerpt] COMMENT: God bless America! Let's hope American consumers are also blessed with the resolve to keep shopping during these unsettled times! We are the spenders of last resort. If we give in to terrorism, then the US economic recession will worsen, and so will the global recession. That is why President George Bush has been encouraging us to try to go back to business as usual as best we can. Mayor Rudy Guilliani wants New Yorkers to spend money at the stores, restaurants, and the shows. The President was right on the money in his speech delivered Saturday in Shanghai when he observed that the terrorists tried to disrupt the global economy. They are attacking globalization. Mr. Bush intends to push for more globalization: "First, our governments must keep the path of economic progress. That progress begins with freer trade. Trade is the engine of economic advancement. On every continent, in every culture, trade generates opportunity, enhances entrepreneur growth. And trade applies the power of markets to the needs of the poor."

Home: www.yardeni.com