After they win

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Oct 22 07:33:59 PDT 2001

At 08:28 PM 10/22/01 +0900, Charles Jannuzi wrote:
>Chip B:
>
> >I do not support priapic US-run military overreaction, but somewhat >like
>Doug Henwood, I support a UN-run police action.
> >But the reason I do goes to the issue of the difference between >awful
>reactionary Islamic theocracies and Islamic clerical fascist >movements and
>states.
>
>There is nothing in the present mix in Afghanistan that says that a
>Taliban-ruled Afghanistan wouldn't evolve into just another reactionary
>Islamic theocracy.

aren't we just fucked if we do and fucked if we don't?

we're apt to stir up more resentments--whether war or UN-style police actions. as such, we destabilize the region and help till the soil for the potential emergence of, well, incredibly oppressive regimes run, possibly, by people who're severely pissed off.

if we decide to address the problems that have caused resentment, we've just taught every mofo in the world that, if they want something, then they just have to do the same and they'll get what they want. this will make the mofos pretty popular!

i don't know, but i get the sense that this is what chip and doug, brett? and seth? and michael pollak? mean. max, well, i'm not sure....

kelley