different wars

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:20:08 PDT 2001

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>How many times do I have to say I don't support the bombing campaign
>and I don't support the essentially unilateral action by the U.S.? I
>said many times now that I support some multilateral action, under UN
>auspices, to investigate the crime and arrest the perps. I've also
>said that arresting the perps might be a very messy operation, as
>necessary as I think it is.

I find your position fully compatible with the fog of war, Doug, since to me it seems completely ambiguous. You continue to rely on coy language. Re your acknowledgement of a "very messy operation," as I asked before, just how many civilian casualties are you willing to countenance in the OBL manhunt?

>I don't know how to make this any clearer.

Try.

Carl