discourse

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Oct 22 16:30:27 PDT 2001

Got an email over the weekend from a veteran listowner expressing condolences for the abuse I've taken here, and saying that had it been the list s/he manages, the guilty parties would have been booted by now.

On reflection, I think my correspondent has a point. The list is open to a wide variety of views, which annoys a lot of people; I've had social democrats urge me to boot the Leninists, and Leninists urge me to boot the social dems. I don't want to do that. Call me oversensitive, but I don't want to run a list where I get constantly taunted and insulted. I'm going to try ignoring the major malefactors for a few days; if that doesn't work, I'll haul the steel-toed boots out of the closet.

Doug