discourse

Zak McGregor zak at mighty.co.za
Mon Oct 22 17:24:18 PDT 2001

> Got an email over the weekend from a veteran listowner expressing
> condolences for the abuse I've taken here, and saying that had it
> been the list s/he manages, the guilty parties would have been booted
> by now.
>
> On reflection, I think my correspondent has a point. The list is open
> to a wide variety of views, which annoys a lot of people; I've had
> social democrats urge me to boot the Leninists, and Leninists urge me
> to boot the social dems. I don't want to do that. Call me
> oversensitive, but I don't want to run a list where I get constantly
> taunted and insulted. I'm going to try ignoring the major malefactors
> for a few days; if that doesn't work, I'll haul the steel-toed boots
> out of the closet.

Quote from message id p05100303b7fa4d981ab1@[166.84.250.86], so no-one has to struggle: "How many [civilian deaths] are you willing to countenance in a non-manhunt? 5,000 not enough? 10,000? 1,000,000?" -- Doug Henwood

I maintain that this response is still unconscienable.

Doug, I'm sure you are a great thinker and I have no doubt about your commitment generally, but if we can't challenge you on this without the risk of being booted, I am summarily planting my 10.5 Doc Martens into the nether regions of my rectum and saying "good-bye, toodle-loo". ;-)

Aluta continua!

Zak