questions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 23 10:27:39 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> "He was a real journalist. He asked people questions, wrote down
> their answers."
> - Alexander Cockburn, at a memorial service for Andrew Kopkind, 1995

As to Kopkind -- he was what made the _Nation_ a worthwhile publication to me. He was one of the two or three (or perhaps one) white journalists in the nation (no italics) who did not reveal racist blindspots sooner or later.

But of course the point of my last post on questions was that what makes good journalism is apt to make poor conversation.

Carrol