late colonialism

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 23 11:23:36 PDT 2001

Ian quoting Monbiot quoting Flynn>... As John Flynn wrote in 1944: "The enemy aggressor is always pursuing a course of larceny, murder, rapine and barbarism. We are always moving forward with high mission, a destiny imposed by the Deity to regenerate our victims while incidentally capturing their markets, to civilise savage and senile and paranoid peoples while blundering accidentally into their oil wells."

From, "As We Go Marching, " 1944. Flynn was a liberal who moved rightwards into the Old "isolationist" Right. See Ron Radosh, "Prophets on the Right: Conservative Critics of Globalism, " published in '73 or so and George Nash, "The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America, " reissued recently by ISI Press.

Behind the Headlines ... Today's column is an introduction to today's "Spotlight," John T. Flynn's classic pamphlet The Final Secret of Pearl Harbor, which you can check out here. ... www.antiwar.com/justin/j052501.html "The Political Philosophy of John T. Flynn" ... their excommunication from the left-liberal establishment. One of these self-proclaimed "true liberals" was John T. Flynn, the subject of today's discussion. ... www.homerule-for-dixie.com/oldright/flynn.html The New American - John T. Flynn: Principles First - ... ... to report that labels can be misleading. But trying to pin one on John T. Flynn must have been a daunting exercise. Flynn considered himself a "liberal ... www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2000/01-31-2000/vo16no03_flynn.htm 22 john t flynn the social security 22. John T. Flynn, "The Social Security Reserve Swindle," Harper's Magazine, February, 1939. www.hazlitt.org/e-texts/fdrmyth/fdrmyth_22__john_t__flynn___the_social_s.htm The New American - Reclaim Our Canal!; Cider House Rules; ... ... Principles First by John F. McManus — Old-school "liberal" John T. Flynn fought for limited government and noninterventionism against the rising tides of ... www.thenewamerican.com/tna/2000/01-31-2000/vo16no03.htm

Ah the Ironies of Lefties Citing Righties! Michael Pugliese