The plan that wasn't there

Mina Kumar wejazzjune at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:36:34 PDT 2001

>From: Chris Burford <cburford at gn.apc.org>
>To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Subject: The plan that wasn't there
>Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 07:13:16 +0100

>Anyway as Carl has also debated on this list, there is a problem that the
>great majority of the population of the US have gone through shock and
>cannot be confronted about their guilt and complicity in an appallingly
>unjust world order

I don't know what you mean by "cannot". I will say this: from what I've read on the list, people have talked about the reasons of media/hegemony/etc that Americans don't know what the US gov't does, and it seems to me to presume that they would care if they *did* know. From my own conversations with Americans, it seems to me that they know and think it's neither here nor there because *those* victims weren't anybody they were likely to know.